1-to-4 Cable or 1-to-2 Cable?

Leaf switches need to connect NDR200 ports of different servers in the SU with 1-to-4 cable to form different communication rings.
In Superpod networking, if I configure 4 NDR200 cards on each server, can I directly connect to the same switch with a 1-to-4 cable? Or do I have to use two 1-to-2 cables to connect to different switches?
Picture of FiberMall

FiberMall

Answered on 8:07 am

Not recommended. This connection mode does not comply with SuperPoD networking rules. Considering the NCCL/SHARP performance, Leaf switches need to connect NDR200 ports of different servers in the SU with one-quarter cables to form different communication rings.

People Also Ask

QSFP112 Breakout Guide: 400G to 2x200G and 4x100G

A 400G QSFP112 port looks straightforward: four high-speed electrical lanes combine to deliver one 400G interface. Breakout seems equally simple—divide those lanes into two 200G links or four 100G links.

QSFP112 Transceiver: Complete 400G Guide (2026)

Ask five network engineers whether they should deploy QSFP112 or QSFP-DD for a 400G network, and you may get five different answers. Both form factors can support 400G, both are

Related Articles

Scroll to Top