With the increase in the number of high-density blade servers and storage devices in the data center, the data center faces a series of severe challenges such as network performance, heat dissipation, space, and energy consumption. According to the research published by Gartner Research, the world’s largest independent technology research company, half of the data centers established before 2002 need to be upgraded or weeded out by 2008 due to the lack of flexible, high-performance integrated cabling plans.Therefore, building a complete new generation of data centers that meet the high standards of current and future requirements requires the following:
• High reliability – standards-based open system that is pre-tested to ensure the system is stable and reliable 7*24 hours.
• High performance – meeting current network transmission needs, supporting at least 1G or 10G or higher transmission
• High density – saves space and facilitates heat dissipation.
• Maintainability – beautiful and adaptable to frequent changes in demand, facilitating MAC maintenance.
• Scalability – fully consider future business growth and support future capacity expansion.
This design will be based on the principles of advancement, reliability, and practicability to meet the needs of current users, taking full account of future technology trends and possible needs. Provide users with comprehensive solutions with long-term benefits.
Area division of data center
According to the standard, a typical data center should include the following basic areas:
- ER, providing the interconnection of the data center and the external network. The service provider (the SP connection first enters the ER. In many data centers, the ER is placed directly into the computer room (CR. For security, access to the computer room ( ER is separated from the computer room
- MDA, is the core management area of the data center, generally located in the center of the CR. The MDA includes the core router, core switch, PBX, IMux, cabinet/rack, etc. According to the standard recommendations, the fiber distribution frame and the copper cable should be mounted to different cabinet/rack. MDA should be designed in the center of the computer room to avoid wiring distance requirements exceeding 90 meters.
- The MDA area distribution frame can be mounted to cabinet or rack. The benefits of the cabinet are safety and beautiful. The benefits of the rack are heat dissipation and convenient management.
- HDA is the horizontal management area of the data center. It is usually located in the equipment room (the location of the CR center, HDA includes LAN switches, horizontal distribution frames, etc. An HDA typically manages no more than 2,000 information points, should be separated from MDA,HDA fiber distribution frame and copper cable distribution frame. More than 2000 information points need to set up more HAD.
- EDA, the area used to store the equipment, including network equipment, communication equipment. For heat dissipation, the cabinet/rack in the EDA area is placed according to the ventilated lobby (cool aisle and non-ventilated lobby (hot aisle reasonable placement).
- ZDA, located in the middle of EDA and HAD, ZDA is suitable for the area where equipment moves or changes frequently. ZDA can use the cabinet or rack, may also be the collection point boxes (installed on columns, under floor or removable floor).
Data center level
TIA-942 is divided into 4 levels according to the importance of the data center
Tier1: The most basic configuration, no need for redundant design and air-condition, allowing downtime up to 28.8 hours / year.
Tier4: The most expensive configuration, must have UPS and air conditioning facilities, allowing downtime up to 0.4 hours / year. In addition, must use biometric technology access control system, must be equipped with gas extinguishing system, multiple alternate wiring slots, trunk must be redundant.
For the data center of the average enterprise, Tier 1 or Tier2 is enough. Tier 3 and Tier4 are suitable for government and financial institutions. And IDC must follow Tier4 level because of the large number of hosting services.
MAC, reduce management and maintenance time; high reliability and availability. Traditional direct connection (Direct connect is not reliable, MAC (moving, adding, changing needs to be rewiring, TIA/EIA942 is not recommended.
The specific design is as follows:
- The integrated wiring system adopts star topology and is divided into main distribution area -MDA, horizontal distribution area -HAD, and equipment area -EDA, horizontal distribution area -HAD is located in the first cabinet of each column cabinet.
- 8-core indoor OM3 multimode fiber is used between MDA – main distribution area of the equipment room and HDA – horizontal distribution area. It supports 10G 10 Gigabit Ethernet up to 300 meters and 1000Base-SX up to 550 meters distance, and is backward compatible with the current 1G. , 100Mbps, 10Mbps Ethernet application. The main distribution area is equipped with a 48-core LC fiber distribution frame in the MDA cabinet, Indoor fiber optic cable adopts LC tail fiber welding, LC-LC fiber jumper and the number of jumper equipped according to the ratio of fiber cores 4:1.
- Horizontal distribution area – HDA and equipment area -EDA is connected by six-class of unshielded twisted pair, and Cat6 unshielded twisted pair supports performance requirements for network applications such as 10GBase-T, 10 Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T, 100BASE-Tx. Each horizontal distribution area-HDA cabinet is equipped with a 12-core LC fiber distribution frame, t he indoor optical cable is fused by LC tail fiber, LC-LC fiber jumper and the number of jumper equipped according to 4:1 according to the ratio of fiber cores 4:1. The copper cable distribution frame in the cabinet of the horizontal distribution area – HDA adopts two six-class of distribution frame cross-connection, one of which is used to interconnect with the distribution frame of equipment distribution area – EDA, and the other is used to interconnect with the switch
- Equipment area – EDA each cabinet is reserved according to 15 servers, install 24-port six-class distribution frame, and connect to the server with RJ45 jumper.
The design specification of main distribution area -MDA
The interconnection from main distribution area – MDA to each horizontal distribution area – HAD uses 8-core OM3 10 Gigabit multimode indoor cable. AMP OM3 10 Gigabit multimode fiber cable uses unique enhanced 50μm fiber core to solve high-speed data transmission without causing digital overlap and bit error. Support laser or light emitting diode-LED, support 850nm or 1300nm wavelengths. At 850nm, it can support 10G 10G 10GBase-SR up to 300m and support 1000Base-SX up to 900m distance. At the same time, backward compatible with current 100Mbps, 10Mbps Ethernet applications. Since the optical network equipment under the 850nm window, such as 1000Base-SX, can use vertical cavity surface emitting laser-VCSEL as the light source instead of the laser light source, the vertical cavity surface emitting laser is a high performance and low cost optical transceiver. The optical performance close to the laser light source, the cost is only one-tenth of laser light source. Therefore, OM3 fiber is a cost-effective 10G network cabling solution, which can greatly reduce the investment of 10G network equipment, making the overall investment of the entire network system more economical.
AMP indoor cable adopts tight sleeve structure, the sleeve is tightly wrapped around the fiber, providing mechanical protection, dry structure without gel, easy to handle, light weight, no metal material, can be installed in the bridge, pipe or suspended on overhead cable.
Equipment area -EDA design specification:
Each cabinet of equipment area -EDA is pre-installed a six-class 24-port non-shielded distribution frame to manage the network equipment in the equipment cabinet. The equipment cabinet of equipment area-EDA adopts 2-meter-length AMP six-class original equipment jumpers, the number of jumpers is equipped in ratio of 2:1.
The data center room is fully equipped 19-inch sealed cabinet with standard power socket and cooling fan wiring equipment and network equipment. The cabinet material is metal spray molding, and is equipped with a power distribution terminal for network equipment. The network equipment can be placed in the same place.
Computer room grounding design
There are a large number of electronic devices in the data center computer room. In order to protect the equipment and personal safety, the equipment with metal casing in the data center equipment room, including pipes, bridges, water pipes, and cabinets must be grounded. Along the inner wall of the data center room, install the wiring total main grounding bar-TMGB, metal bridge, cable ladder, water pipe, electrostatic leakage grounding bar-TGB of anti-static floor, etc, through diameter of 6mm ² with insulated copper wire in parallel method connect to it. The mesh copper assemble grounding bar is fixed to the ground by insulator that is placed under the floor in the data center room provides grounding bar for electronic equipment. The equipment and the cabinet are connected to the assemble grounding bar by using copper wire with diameter of 4mm ² and insulating layer.